Note:

This blog is undergoing maintenance. Some contents/images/design might not be properly displayed. Please bear with us.
Thanks!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

"THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOGGING IN" ERROR: CAN’T ACCESS PARTY BOAT ON SIMS FREEPLAY FOR IPHONE: SOLVED

THE DILEMMA:  Can't access the Party Boat on Sims Freeplay

          There was no problem with the Cloud but I couldn’t access neighbors nor claim party boat rewards which are connected to my Facebook account. Facebook app is working fine on my phone. FB and Game Center are both working, but when I go to the Party boat, it shows the following screen:




            I had this problem twice now, and the first time it happened, I tried to search online for solutions but nothing worked and I got impatient so I made the mistake of uninstalling/reinstalling the app. That caused me to lose my game progress, miss rewards for the weekly tasks and had to re-build houses and repeat tasks which were all very inconvenient.

THE SOLUTION:

      1. Go to Settings > Facebook > select your username > Delete Account.
      2. Launch Sims Freeplay > go to the game settings (the 3 white dots on green rectangle at the bottom right of the screen) > go to Account Manager (the keyhole icon) > it should now prompt you to login to your Facebook account and ask game permissions. 

   



                  And that’s it! You should now be able to access the Party Boat! 

YOU CAN ALSO TRY:

            As I mentioned, I have checked numerous forums and here are some other tips that you may try in case the steps I listed above don’t work.
      1. Log out/log back in to the Facebook app on your phone.
            Some players said that it happened after a reset or an update, so all they did was log back in to Facebook. Unfortunately that didn’t work for me.

      2. Delete Sims Freeplay from your Facebook account.
                  Access Facebook (preferably desktop version), go to Settings, on the left side, click on Apps > look for Sims Freeplay > Remove App. Then login to Sims Freeplay again. (Didn’t work) 

      3. Log out of Game Center from Settings, then do a soft reset on your phone by pressing Home and Power at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
                 
                  I think this step is for Game Center and Cloud issues mostly but those were working fine on my phone. I simply included this because I tried this step first before I figured out the solution and I’m not sure if it affected the result. You might wanna try this in case the two-step method I listed above doesn’t work.

WHY IT HAPPENED: 
            After a game update is when it usually happens according to players from the online forums I read and probably also the reason when I first encountered this issue. (I couldn’t be sure.) The second time, though, was when I deactivated my Facebook account. Of course, I lost my account info, neighbors, etc. so keep that in mind in case you are planning to do so in the future. 

ADDITIONAL TIP:

            DO NOT UNINSTALL/REINSTALL THE ENTIRE GAME, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A SIM WORKING IN A NEIGHBOR’S TOWN. The Cloud will not be accessible while you have a sim in another town, which means that it will not back up your game progress during that time. Deleting the game will set you back a longer time when you reinstall it because the latest saved data was from before you sent your sim to another town. 




No comments:

Post a Comment