Note:

This blog is undergoing maintenance. Some contents/images/design might not be properly displayed. Please bear with us.
Thanks!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Fairy Pools (Hoax)

The Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye, Scotland

          I have started consolidating my blog and found this totally surreal photo I posted way back September 2012. I’m a sucker for anything purple so the unique colors of the trees on this image caught my eye. However, as I'm reposting it here today, I wanted to add a little snippet at the bottom of the photo so I did a little research and found out that this is actually a hoax! Apparently, this photo is just a photoshopped image of the Shotover River in New Zealand. 

            I seldom fall victim on hoaxes or spams because I always make sure to Google something when it sounds too good to be true but I admit this one has escaped my scrutiny because it’s just way too ethereal, hoax or not. And did I mention it’s purple? Haha. 



the real Fairy Pools

          The image may be a hoax, but the place called Fairy Pools in the Isle of Skye is very much true. It is a crystal clear stream with waterfalls at the foot of the Black Cuillin mountains near Glen Brittle. Purple or not, it’s still a very picturesque scenery. Oh, Scotland, how you make me want to visit you! :)
          More about the Isle of Skye and its tourist spots here

No comments:

Post a Comment