Note:

This blog is undergoing maintenance. Some contents/images/design might not be properly displayed. Please bear with us.
Thanks!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hyperrealism: Gustavo Silva Nuñez



I have long ago accepted that the Muses have neglected me and focused all their energies to my eldest sister, who has in turn hoarded all the artistic gene in the family. This is why I have always been fascinated by hyperrealism. Being a person who hasn’t the slightest idea how to make even one decent piece of artwork, hyperrealistic art is pretty much the only art genre that I can fully appreciate for all its visual glory. And also because I can't even come close to understand abstract art. Haha. I can just imagine the level of attention to detail required to perfect hyperreality—it’s overwhelming.


Kicking off my collection is Gustavo Silva Nuñez, a Venezuelan artist whose focus is on hyperrealistic depiction of people swimming in pools. I came across his work from this website as featured in Ashton Kutcher’s Facebook page.



Of all the elements, water is my personal favorite as it has a very calming, healing effect to my soul. I want to believe this is also what Nuñez sees and that’s why he holds the special place as the first in my hyperrealistic art compilation.

Check out more of Nuñez’s works on Instagram: http://instagram.com/gustavoinutero

No comments:

Post a Comment