Note:

This blog is undergoing maintenance. Some contents/images/design might not be properly displayed. Please bear with us.
Thanks!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Multitasking Mode: Avatar, Elementary, Songs of Submission


            Going through my aligaga phase again and trying do multiple things simultaneously. Haha. I watched some episodes of Elementary with Patrick yesterday but I haven’t finished the entire season yet because I got a little bored. Sadly, it didn’t keep me on the edge of my seat and begging for more unlike Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock. And I don’t know if I have just watched too many crime police procedural drama, but if I remember it right, the plot of most of the episodes have already been used in other shows. I’m pretty sure I’ve watched that “Angel of Death” concept in Criminal Minds or Law and Order, as well as the child predator/victim who got acquainted with his kidnapper and ended up continuing the legacy of his captor. I can also swear that the missilistng-victim-found-in-the-panic-room is also seen in The Mentalist. (I’m just feeling lazy to do some research at the moment and look up those similar episodes but I might update this post in the future to add them).
I’m almost done with the first book of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I’m also feeling a little bored watching this because it seems too kiddie for my taste. At least with Korra, the episodes are action-packed and the story doesn’t seem like the creators are dragging the story. Ironically, I found out that The Legend of Korra actually is the less-favorite between the two and this is why Nickelodeon had stopped showing episodes on TV due to low ratings and opted to webisodes instead.

elementary-avatar-beg

During my moments of boredom (aka a break from watching Avatar and Elementary), I found a new book series while mindlessly browsing online: The Songs of Submission by C.D. Reiss. It’s an erotic romance novel series—pretty much just like Fifty Shades of Grey that features BDSM. It is composed of 9 books so far but I only got 5 of them at the moment.
I’ve been seeing the ads on Facebook for this book series but I noticed that it doesn’t have much online presence yet. Probably because the Fifty Shades of Grey movie is being prioritized and a series of the same genre won’t stand a chance.
I’m not really into erotic novels. I didn’t even like Fifty Shades of Grey. However, as a book person, I feel like it is my sworn duty to read as much as I can and criticize with all my might those which bring shame to the name of literature. Haha. I don’t have much expectation from this series, though. From the few chapters I’ve read, it felt like I was reading a Tagalog pocketbook—only, it’s in English, of course. The writing style is very simple. But then again, I haven't read all of them yet so I can't bring forth a final judgment. Will post reviews once I'm done. 



*originally posted from my other blog/s

No comments:

Post a Comment